rocket tracking


Thursday, April 25, 2013

Dayton Landmark's Part II St. Mary's Church Completed

So...I am finding that I am really bad at taking process photos.  Here's what my semi finished piece looked like on Friday.....before I did the background quilting and cut it back.

I struggled a little bit, trying to figure out how I would do the ornate brick work at the tops of the towers.  I decided that the easiest way would be to make little lozenges of net with black Mistyfuse to make the regular brick project.

Here you cn see it after I've quilted it which added the shading lines....and you can see that I have added more detail with threadwork around the window cornices.

And here's the finished piece....only I discovered that I somehow made it an inch too short! That's what comes of measuring it alone while feeling nauseous!  I measured it twice...and goofed.  At least the quilting pattern I used in the sky is pretty much straight I can add a piece in and fix it so that the sky portion is just an inch taller.  DUH!  To quote Burns, "The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men Gang aft agley,"

Come back tomorrow, and I'll be having a give away!

Once again, I am participating in Nina-Marie Sayer's "Off the Wall Friday" posts.....go to her website and check out the other participants!


Sherrie Spangler said...

I can't believe the detail in this piece! Incredible.

ann said...

FABULOUS! I really like this piece. Go GIRL go!

Colleen Kole said...

This is absolutely spectacular -I agree that the detail is beautiful. Love it!

Nina Marie said...

wow this came great! I love the crop of this piece!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Lisa. Gorgeous piece. The detail is exquisite and the blues and browns are so appealing.
best, nadia

Sandra said...

It is awe-inspiring! Love it.