Pages

rocket tracking

Translate

Friday, January 27, 2012

More than enough on my plate....

I have been quilting my little fingers off...well, not really...as I have been machine quilting, and I do remember when I hand quilted most of my quilts when I was trying to meet a deadline, my fingers would be so sore...and cramped...this doesn't happen as much with machine quilting...

I've been trying to get some work done to submit for the Studio Art Quilt Associates Ohio Regional show.  I have to have them done and photographed for submittal by Feb. 6...

I'm still having trouble with my hands...not controlling the work quite as well, but it is getting better.....too bad I'm thread painting these and doing a lot of heavy quilting.  I've done a lot better in my life, but at least I'm doing two and if one isn't good enough, then I won't submit it.  Kind of a pain because both were painted well...I might just have to do some "unsewing".

I've also been trying to list stuff on eBay to get it out of the house as I'm having one of my "I'm overstuffed" times, and of course, the wage statements came in so now I HAVE to do the taxes so I can submit the FAFSA applications...which is silly because I know that we won't get anything, but it must be done.

Half of my sewing room is in the living room, my office looks like ebay is happening in it...and I'm not liking it....And yes...in my typical fashion I also am doing (or attempting to do) Elizabeth Barton's class on quiltuniversity.... Sometimes, I'm a real dope and I usually think I can handle it....silly me....

No comments: