Pages

rocket tracking

Translate

Monday, December 12, 2011

Move over Fairfield, Here Come the Batty Binders


I am fortunate to be able to quilt with several quilt guilds, but the local one in Troy is called the Batty Binders.  Last week was our Christmas gathering.  This year, which started in September, they have deemed "the year of giving."

These two tables, and the packages on the floor is what was brought to donate to the Battered Women's Shelter, the Homeless Shelter, the local Food Pantry, and the Animal Shelter.



While it may not look like much, you have to understand that only about 35 women brought all these items, and much of the items for the food pantry were personal hygiene products which don't come cheap.

In addition, there are more blankets for the homeless shelter and Project Linus which are not seen here, nor the 15 dog pillows which Gwen delivered to the animal shelter last week.  Several of these piles are actually pajamas...some of which were home made.  I'm working on finishing mine.  I was really pleased when they announced this as I had cut out three pairs of high quality flannel PJ bottoms for Meg last year before I realized that I had cut them too small.  The waste of all that fabric made me sick, but I didn't know what to do with it...so I set them aside.  Now, I can finish them and get some t-shirts to go with them and someone will have some nice pjs from my error.

We always have show and tell....and this is a Christmas Tree skirt one of our members made...Gwen, in typical silliness, decided to model it for us....I think our Batty Binder's runway is certainly a challenge to the Fairfield Fashion Show....or maybe not....

No comments: