Pages

rocket tracking

Translate

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Art Every Day: First on the 11th

Ok...so I actually took this shot on October 23.....however, it does represent something I've been thinking about doing for a while...a series of art quilts based on details. I love the green and gold of the Siberian Iris as it is going dormant, along with the interesting shaped seed pods. While I was running errands and creating art, what I should have been doing is cutting down the iris and planting bulbs...

What did I do art-wise today? Well, I tried to do some sketches of my cat a la Franz Marc. I love his work. I love the brilliant colors which tend to be on the warm side. I love how he breaks the shapes of the animals down to their most basic and gives a voluptuous curve on most. I, however, am not yet able to get the elements broken down like he does.....I'm trying, but perhaps I am too much the realist.

After doing those sketches, I went back to work on my Fast Friday Fabric Challenge....I'm really struggling with this one as I am having difficulty getting it to do what I want it to do. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish that tomorrow and then start on chocolate.... and plant at least 10 more tulip bulbs and 10 more daffodils.

No comments: