Pages

rocket tracking

Translate

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

And the Winner is.......

Roof and cupola at the Dairy Barn, Athens, OH
I couldn't find a picture in my files which showed the proper amount of blues....so instead, I decided I'd put up a shot I took of the cupola on the Dairy Barn in Athens, Ohio, home to Quilt National.  I thought this was somewhat appropriate since many of the artists illustrated in Art Quilt Masters volume 2 have exhibited there.

So...I thought it was particularly amusing....the winner had this to say: 

Not being a person who wins contests, I don't expect anything this time but I am sure it is a book well worth having. 


Well, Madeline, your winning streak has started...you just won this contest!  Just email me through the blog with your mailing address and I'll get the copy in the mail to you.

And the blues? Well, they are sort of still there....you see, it wasn't the weather, it was that my husband lost his job unexpectedly last Monday....and since I'm still in treatment for active Stage IV cancer, this was NOT something which we needed....

However, I guess karma does work to some extent....he has a telephone interview tomorrow.  Wish him luck!

Now...off to bed to get some sleep before going back to doing threadwork on a piece I hope to enter in the SAQA regional show...but I have to get it done and soon!

No comments: