Pages

rocket tracking

Translate

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Texture

When I went to Connecticut in June, I was fortunate to meet up with the weekly stitchers I quilted with on Thursday mornings. One of the funny things is that when I moved to Ohio, the weekly group I meet with there also started stitching on Thursdays.

This group of ladies are very talented and supportive of each other. Sophie Peletier always has something interesting she's working on and this time was no different. This is a table runner Sophie was working on.


Sophie is a remarkable hand stitcher. Her artistic ability is wonderful,although she usually does things along a more traditional line.


Here's a shot with many of the quilters I worked with. I'm keeping this short because....I'm still working on the binding of the quilt.... I had hoped to finish it today and get it shipped off. I hope to complete it tomorrow as it really needs to be on its way. I think I'll miss this fellows chemo this week, but maybe not....IF I can get it done tomorrow. Hand-sewing the binding, putting the label on it, and maybe machine embroidering a saying onto it....and stitching down the hanging sleeve. (I put a hanging sleeve in in the event that they may wish to ultimately use it as a wall-hanging as it has the entire family's names on it).

No comments: