Pages

rocket tracking

Translate

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Another Quilt , another two day art post!

Yesterday I finally finished (except for the binding) my Entry for the Fast Friday Fabric Challenge....you can look on that blog to see my struggles with making it....The topic for this challenge was animals....I had several ideas, which I'm also going to pursue, but I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out which of my many ideas I was going to do. I ended up trying to do a picture of moonlight reflecting on a goldfish pond. I was inspired by a Chinese watercolor painting I saw a while ago.


I used layers of tulle, Angelina fibers and the sheet form of Angelina, along with the hairy yarn...I can't remember what it is called as I don't knit! I have a couple of other small projects to finish. While quilting it, I discovered that my machine is acting up. I'm going to have to take it in to be cleaned and gone over...I'm not looking forward to it as I know that the shop is going to have it for at least a month and I am not thrilled with the going price for cleaning around here.



The goldfish were my post for yesterday. Here's my post for today...hens and chickens.....

4 comments:

Sunita Mohan said...

Lisa, that's lovely! What is that shimmery stuff you've used for the fins?

Unknown said...

The fins are just rayon thread over a sheer chiffon.

The sparkly stuff on the moon is the stuff called Angelina...It is a material which was originally developed by NASA, but what use, I'm not sure. You can iron it and it will stick to itself, but not to fabric. You have to stitch it or glue it. It's pretty fun to use. I'm still working on developing ways of using the sheet form. It is about 4" wide and a strip about 15" long.

Michele at Sweet Leaf said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Looks like my pond in summer (if I had a few more fish!) Nice job!

Unknown said...

Please note: Moonlight on the Goldfish Pond was stolen from my house in late 2009. I have yet to find it. If anyone finds it, please contact me. I had not finished it (finished the binding) so it is not signed.

Lisa