Pages

rocket tracking

Translate

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Michigoose's gander at Life, Quilts and other ridiculousness

Hmm. This is finally brought about by Michigoose..... Long ago, when the internet was young to me, I chose the name "Michigoose."

As someone who was born and raised in Michigan, I love the Great Lakes, rolling land and simple diversity of the state. People who live in Michigan, are called, "Michiganders." However, ganders are male geese (even though a sales person was arguing with me at that point once), and I, battered though I am, am definitely NOT male.

I have, however, flown the coop from Michigan long ago....When I graduated from High School, and then again from College, then Grad school, jobs were simply not to be found in my field in Michigan. I went to grad school at William and Mary, and since I was a museum curator, I went where the jobs were. This landed me in Connecticut for 22 years. I married a guy who had lived in New England since he was 11, and thought I would be in exile from the midwest for the rest of my life. 2005, however, brought me to southwest Ohio, when he too had to leave in search of a job.

So, back in the dark ages, I chose the name. Since then, another blogger, and some others, have taken the name as well. Not a problem, there's room for a gaggle of us...however, it did cause some confusion. So, I decided to get off my keister and start posting. Most of this will probably be merely observations, and I hope to post items about my quilting and undoubtedly, it will include things about my garden, as well as family, critters, general attitude (warning: usually sort of grumpy with a dash of ornery optimism).

So, beware....my "ganders" (a look about) will probably be about just about anything...and this is primarily because Louie proded me by her confusion over the "other Michigoose."

No comments: