Pages

rocket tracking

Translate

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The View from Here: Hitting a Dry spell

This is the view out my mother's kitchen window.  Today, you could even see the snow on the mountains....I guess some of the fires which have produced the smoke hazing up the horizon have been controlled.

I've been struggling today...I've been trying to do some work for the SAQA Ohio show, "the View From Here."  I had anticipated doing the majority of the work here and had brought out some fabrics...only I'm not inspired.  I've been sketching today....but still nothing...and I need to get it done so I can finish it at home....but I am not coming up with anything....
The other thing we've done today is to go out to the Cut Bank airport and see the B-17 bomber.  Glorious plane, but....I'm  little unhappy with the nose art.  Originally these planes had someone paint an emblem, a girl, the name of the plane, or whatever.  This one which has been restored used a photo of Betty Grable's famous swimsuit shot....computerized into a "decal."  Sort of disappointing since I am sure that many artist's would love the opportunity to paint the real deal on the nose...for free even.
The nut in the front is my sister, Mary.

It is always inspiring to see these wonderful WWII war birds....

Hopefully, I'll be more inspired tomorrow.

2 comments:

Sherrie Spangler said...

What a great view from the kitchen! I so miss seeing wide open blue skies and far off horizons. Soak it in!

Vivien Zepf said...

Maybe you have to look internally. The view from your mom's window brings you peace, so maybe you can somehow reflect your feelings...