Mine is the towers of St. Mary's Church in Dayton. I love the colors and I love the way the light is striking the towers and the crosses in the upper windows are glowing. But....I am having a really hard time getting into it.
In fact...I've been procrastinating...plus I've been busy.....and I've started a new chemo which has left me extremely fatigued. I thought that I would quickly complete this piece last week and this week. Instead, from Sat. night until Tuesday, I spent the days in bed....as well as the night too. Not exactly the way to get my derriere going.
This is my section of the photo. Rather than hand us the photos and have us make the drawings and patterns, Ronnie and Carroll did this for us...primarily because although for the first series we said that the sketches we made should be blow up so that all of them were 42" long.....many of our members had problems with this. Even the resultant quilts were not the same length. One poor member who did indeed make hers 42" long had to shorten hers three times in order to make it match the others.
So....rather than have this issue again, Ronnie and Carroll supplied it.
Here is a section of what I got, a black and white print...I have a little difficulty because I have no idea what size the bricks should be.....but there's also another difficulty.
See the little tiny fragment of the second tower to the right? I have to match mine to the other side..completing these little whiskers of the tower. It would have been better if it had been sliced not in the exact center, but to one side...just a smide to the left. I would have to pick up the arch on the window surround, but the tiny little bits of the cupola would have all been on my partners slice.
I did paint my background fabric and then started to select fabrics. Chris Landis had some brick fabric left from her slice which also included a brick building and it is the right shade for the light struck side of my tower. I will mess around with it to shade it for the dark side.
I will use the back side and the top side of the upper right neutral, plus some linen, and a frosted cream on the left. The blue is a shaded batik which I will use for the domes of the cupola as well as the slate roof, but I will add some threadwork for the darker part for the slate, and make sure the lighter parts of the batik fall for the domes.
Now if only I can get myself ready to roll. I'll show you what I am able to accomplish as we go along.....
I'm going to join Nina-Marie Sayer's Off the Wall Friday Fiber posts....I've been remiss and haven't participated....largely because I have been so bushed, or off the wall busy...
Take a look at the other blogs here